Step 1 – Prepare your skin
- We recommend the first step you take is to use a Fake Bake Body Polish (exfoliator) to gently remove flaking, or dead skin cells to help create a longer lasting tan. Remember your self-tan fades as your skin sheds. If you remove loose skin cells, the remaining ones will not wear off as quickly. Fake Bake ‘polishes’ skin, without lacerating or damaging the surface of newly exposed layers. Fake Bake Body Polish is a soap less product which will leave no residue on the skin.
- With a cupped hand, mix Fake Bake Body Polish with a little water (you may want to apply Polisher in the shower).
- Starting with your feet – apply Fake Bake Body Polish in circular motions working up your legs and body, paying particular attention to feet, knees and elbows.
- Remove excess Fake Bake Body Polish with warm damp mitts or alternatively, shower off.
- Apply Fake Bake Face Bamboo Buff on your face with a small amount of water. Rub gently with circular movements and remove thoroughly with sponges or mitts.
- Immediately prior to your self-tan, apply a small amount of Fake Bake Skin Smoothie Oil to dry heels, feet, knees and elbows which can be blended when the self-tan is applied.
Step 2 – Apply Self-Tan
- Using gloves (provided with Fake Bake Self-Tan), apply product starting at your neck, working down in small circular motions.
- Working down your torso, onto your legs, lightly glazing the product over your ankles.
- It’s best to apply self-tan to the front of your leg while your knee is bent, but when applying to the back of your leg make sure its straight. Apply product at the bottom of your leg moving upwards in small circular motions.
- When you are working down your arms you can spray Fake Bake Skin Smoothie Oil onto your hands and elbows. This will emulsify the self-tan slightly and smooth the product over any dry areas.
- Keep product off your palms.
- Apply Fake Bake Face Self-Tan using a small amount. Blend over all of your face as if applying a tinted moisturiser. Take into the hair line, blend around the ears and join up to the Fake Bake on your neck.
- Allow the self-tan to dry for 15 to 20 minutes before you redress.
Step 3 – Maintain your Self-Tan
- To prolong your Fake Bake self-tan, make sure you keep your skin well moisturised on a daily basis. After showering either spritz yourself with Fake Bake Skin Smoothie Oil or apply Fake Bake Tan Enhancing Lotion. These products have been specially formulated to work with Fake Bake self-tans. Other moisturisers may react with tan as the Alkalines in them stripe colour leaving your skin patchy.
- 5 to 7 days after your tan we recommend you gently exfoliate your skin with Fake Bake Body Polish. Repeat this every 2 days thereafter to ensure your tan fades evenly and to prepare your skin for your next Fake Bake self-tan application.
Pre Application Tip
We advise you apply your self-tan prior to going to bed. This gives your tan time to develop overnight, allowing you to wash off the guide colour in the morning, ready to start the day with a beautiful, golden tan.